Paper License from the FCC Information
The FCC Paperless Amateur Radio License Policy is now in effect. The official Amateur Radio license authorization is the electronic record that exists in the FCC’s Universal Licensing System (ULS) data base. Under this system, licensees can access their current official authorization (“Active” status only) via the ULS License Manager. Licensees can print an official authorization, as well as an unofficial “reference copy”, from the ULS License Manager web site.
Applicants or licensees who include a valid e-mail address under “Applicant Information” in the ULS will receive an official electronic authorization via e-mail. If you do not include a valid e-mail address you will have to go to the ULS site and download your official Amateur Radio authorization.
New license applicants will not receive their initial paper license from the FCC through the USPS unless they do the following:
- Apply and receive an FRN and password from the FCC
- Go to the FCC ULS web site, www.wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=home
- In the Online Filing section, click on “Log In”
- Enter your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and Password
- On the left side of the page, click on “Set Paper Authorization Preferences”
- Below “Receive Paper Authorizations” click on “Yes” <SAVE>